All your questions answered!
What is a drop-off / pick-up?
A pick-up refers to us heading over to the location of choice to purchase your items. To request for a pick-up service, please write in to email@example.com.
Is there a fee for pick-up?
Also, a minimum sellable load of 20kg is required for a pick-up.
Submit an appointment request. Our buyers will contact you to confirm the details of the arrangement.
To speed up the inspection process, separate your items into these categories:
- visibly worn
- unused & good as new
- defected items for donation (clothes only)
- good items for donation
On the day of the appointment, we will inspect each and every item.
- Our staff will inspect all items for flaws.
- Once the inspection process is complete, our staff will share with you as to why some of your items are not considered for purchase.
We will provide you the total amount payable — this amount will be banked in into your account.
The amount payable should be processed within 7 working days.
Among clothing items that we do not purchase are:
- Basics e.g. Cotton Spaghettis, Tube tops etc.
- Children’s / Infant clothings
- Winter clothings
- Visibly worn/damaged items
- Any items with corporate, religious, political logo/writing/affiliation
- Earrings (hygiene issues)
Items with these defects will be rejected for purchase:
- Obvious stains
- Broken zips
- Broken stitches
- Faded colours
- Torn pockets
- Incomplete parts
- Clothes significantly covered in pets’ fur
- Clothes affected by animal urine
- Unwashed/dirty/moldy clothes
More details are available in the Price List.
But my items are unused! Why are they considered used?